I am very comfortable in a Linux environment (RHEL, CentOS) and have been a system administrator for more than 13 years. I maintain both production and development servers. RHEL has been my distribution of choice since release 3.0. Prior to RHEL, I maintained FreeBSD servers.
- provision new machines, including detailed documentation on the setup
- package updates & source compiles
- system services
- configuration, including apache, mysql, openssl
- network config & iptables
- certificate generation & renewals
- system backup (tivoli, mysqldump, mongodump)