ID Card Scan allows campus units to scan university identification cards to enforce greek life policies, track attendance, or manage card distribution.
Version 2 builds on the success on the first release more than 6 years ago and introduces an all-new delegated permissions model, easy to use reporting, full API for system integrators, and much more.
The release includes an all new management interface and an API supporting the new iOS native app - ID Card Scan (Swift).
at a glance
- delegated permissions model with options for teams and permission expiration
- builds on lessons learned with v1 for an easy-to-use user interface
- all new reporting system with options with date ranges, event and project multi-select
- reduces service owner support requirements with a WYSIWYG help system, self-documenting project and report details, web-based system config, and reports for system users of various permisson levels
- retains backwards compatibility with the legacy ID Card Scan (v1) native app
under the covers
- AngularJS, MySQL, Symfony 2.8, bootstrap
- extensive and documented RESTful API
- as part of the upgrade from v1, migrated to AWS
- builds on the JobManager in SASCommonBundle to load data from several different campus systems including student datamart, HR/WorkDay, student housing, and student athletes.